Virtual Care/Telehealth Visit Instructions
Your device must have a web cam, speaker and microphone. Chromebooks are not supported.
Step 1: Confirm Receipt of Email
- Find the email from Centura Health Virtual Care, with the subject “Your Upcoming Telehealth Appointment”. If you can’t find it, check your spam or junk folders and move it to your inbox. If you don’t find it in your spam or junk folder, call your provider’s office for help. (Note: If you have a MyCenturaHealth patient portal account, you will receive an additional reminder email from “MyChart” which does not include the necessary appointment launch access).
Step 2: Prepare Your Device
- Start the process to test your device here. Click “Test Computer” in the top right menu and follow steps to verify success.
- If everything works, close out of the “Test Your Computer” window, otherwise call the help line indicated in the testing screen.
Step 3: Create an Account
- Create an account. Click “Sign up for Centura Health Virtual Care”.
- Enter the email address you used when you scheduled your appointment with your provider.
- Complete all insurance information required fields.
- You do NOT need to complete the medical information section.
Step 4: Launch Visit 15 Minutes Before Your Scheduled Appointment Time
- Confirm your device is connected to the internet and fully charged.
- Find the appointment email from Centura Health Virtual Care, with the subject “Your Upcoming Telehealth Appointment” and click “Get Started”.
- Your phone number
- Reason for the visit
- Email for any additional individuals you would like to be involved in your virtual visit (e.g., caregiver, parent, spouse, child) and acknowledge the Notice of Privacy.
- When prompted, launch the video.
- Your provider will join your appointment at, or close to, the start time.
- Be patient while waiting for your provider; they will join as soon as they can. If you close the visit before your provider joins, it will end your appointment and a new appointment will need to be scheduled
Do not close the session once you’ve joined – it will end the appointment and a new appointment will need to be scheduled.
For the photo on the page we can use the old man photo on the computer from the telehealth ad.